1996 Star Boat Co. Downeast
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Anacortes, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 110,000 Tax Paid (A$ 146,882)
Roam is a custom, double ended, lap strake, Downeast-style yacht that was launched in May, 1996.
Her massive construction features a full-length keel with a 4,000lb lead ballast shoe giving her a wonderful sea-keeping ability.
Roam has been maintained to meticulous standards, and cruised frequently with head turning style.
Please contact at (360) 640-0507
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Star Boat Co.
Designer: J. Parker
LOA: 36 ft 8 in
Beam: 11 ft 1 in
LWL: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Ballast: 4000 lbs
Dry Weight: 12000 lbs
Engine Brand: John Deere
Engine Model: 4039
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 315
Cruising Speed: 8 mph
Maximum Speed: 10 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Total Power: 80
Cruising Speed: 8
Max Speed: 10
Fresh Water: 50
V-Berth forward followed by a galley to port and a large head to starboard. The wheelhouse features two custom Arrigoni seats port and starboard and a movable bench seat with good storage on the slightly raised engine box cover at the center, and excellent visability. A huge (9') cockpit is aft with a bench seat at the stern. The cockpit and wheelhouse are decked in teak and are self bailing.
Galley and Head
A fair sized galley to port with ample storage. A large head to starboard.
- Single basin stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Ice Box
- Norcold refrigerator
- Two burner stove with custom mount
- Vacu-Flush Head
- Stainless Pullman Sink in Head
- Bronze Opening Portlights
- Tankwatch 4 Holding Tank Monitor
Instruments include depth, speed and temperature. A color chartplotter and radar system make navigating an ease. Electric windshield wipers.
- Standard Horizon Depth Sounder
- Standard Horizon Speed and Temperature
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF Radio with RAM Mic
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Raymarine C-70 Color Radar
- Raymarine RC435 Chart Plotter
- Edson Teak Wheel with Stainless Trim
- 2- Electric Windshield Wipers
120 volt and 12 volt systems with custom breaker panels. 12 Volt anchor windlass.
Inverter, battery charger and battery bank with 400 Amp hours capacity.
- 30 Amp Shore Power
- 2-4D Gel Cell Batteries
- Truecharger 20 Amp battery Charger
- Guest Battery Selector Switch
- 1750 Watt ProWatt Inverter
- 120 Volt Hot Water Heater
- 12 Volt Plug at Helm
- Maxwell 800 Anchor Windlass
- Engine Room Blower
Deck and Hull
Hull is 1" lapstrake cedar planking on ash frames with copper rivets and bronze fastenings. Deck is 3/4" marine plywood with epoxy Dynel covering. All deck hardware is oversized solid bronze. Bronze thru hulls throughout. Full canvas covers encluse the wheelhouse.
- Hull Color is Dark Green
- 35lb CQR Plow Anchor with 300' 5/16 chain.
- Bow Pulpit with Anchor Roller
- Custom John Williams mast and boom with 2:1 purchase block and tackle
- Canvas window coverings
- Canvas side and aft curtains
- 2- Plastic Water Tanks
- 2- Aluminum Fuel Tanks
- 1- Plastic Holding Tank
- 2- Teak Chairs with Canvas Seats and Backs
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.