VIEW CAROLINE 1 IN CANNES, FRANCE
- Cayman Islands Commercial 5 Year Survey Complete; Brand new Genoa; New Gennaker; All sails professionally cleaned and maintained; Complete dismantel and rebuild of generators; Overhaul of anchor windlass; Brand new Vang; Furler dismantled and upgraded; New water makers; Tender refit; Shaft removal & new seals; Hull sounded; Varnishing completed; Teak decks overhauled
This yacht must be sold fast.
Stunning Dubois designed Alloy Yachts beautifully rebuilt over 2014-2015. She now boasts a superb modern interior and has had every conceivable upgrade and modern technology installed. She is Cayman Islands Commercially flagged (and therefore available for charter) - MCA Compliant, and therefore subject to the very highest safety and standards which brings guaranteed confidence to the owner and guests.
She is a proven round the world yacht having completed many circumnavigations and demonstrated both her cruising capabilities and turn of speed in the recent Dubois Cup.
Everyone who visits her is astounded by the superb Italian craftsmanship seen as a result of her rebuild and refit and which extended to all technical and engineering systems and well as a full interior redesign which gives her a very sophisticated and contemporary feel.
The yacht is in full turn key condition and will be sold with new 5 year survey in early 2017.
She can be purchased as an active commercially registered charter yacht or be instantly transferred to private ownership.
Caroline 1 will be available for inspections in Cannes 12-17 September
For comprehensive details please contact Simon Turner on +44 7438 446651
Boarding from the stern, guests can benefit from the huge hydraulic door which provided a safe platform for all guests to enter and leave the yacht. Where necessary, the hydraulic passarelle can also be used, as well as a boarding ladder for direct access to the water. The stern platform also boats a superb hidden shower unit which is instantly deployed when guests are swimming or need to cool down.
Standing on the aft deck guests can see the large sunbathing areas and immediately behind are the unique and innovative "chaise-longue" chairs which fold out of the superstructure and are completely hidden when not in use.
The large side decks provide access to the bow where the tender is stored when not in use. A further large sunbathing area is situated above the hardtop providing maximum sun exposure above, and maximum sun protection below.
The main cockpit has two large seating areas including a dining area for 8 guests. The whole cockpit can be fully enclosed to protect guests on chillier days or fully open to enjoy the weather.
The upper saloon is entered through the compressed air operated sliding doors to reveal a guest bar to port including coffee machine, fridge, ice maker and sink. To starboard is the internal upper dining/seating area for 8 providing stunning uninterrupted views across the water.
Forward is the interior helm station and extensive fridges to enable guests immediate access to cold drinks.
Stepping down into the lower saloon guests enter a very luxurious area combing two seating areas and fantastic views to the aft of the yacht. This area includes a huge multi media-TV and library. The main iPad control unit is situated here which controls the entertainment system throughout the yacht, though any guest can control this in their own cabin through their iPad or iPhone.
Aft of the lower saloon guests step down into the cabin area with a twin to starboard, double ViP to port, twin bunk room ahead of the master and the huge master suite taking the whole beam of the accommodation area. All cabins have luxurious en-suite bathroom facilities.
Forward of the lower saloon is the Galley and crew area. The Galley is exceptionally well equipped with two enormous fridge freezers, washer and dryer, oven, fast freezer and all the equipment needed by a top chef.
Refreshments can be served from here and the yacht produces its own filtered mineral water which can be still or carbonated.
The ensuite crew cabins are beyond a crew seating area where key controls for the yacht are also situated. Crew can access the yacht forward or aft meaning that guests to not have to be disturbed at any time.
Aft Warping Capstans: (New 2015)
Custom stainless steel 140 kg CQR anchor
five shackles (160m) of chain (Serviced
1 X 50kg CQR + Chain
RIG MEASUREMENTS: Mast height 42m
SPARS: MARTEN MARINE/SOUTHERN Spars (NZ) carbon fibre rig.
FURLING GEAR: Marten “Leisurefurl”
In-boom furling system for main sail (Serviced 2014).
Head sails on Reckman Furlers (serviced 2014)
MAIN: 263 m/sq
New 2010 STAYSAIL: 103m/sq New 2010
Gennaker 700/sqm New 2015
RUNNING RIGGING: New 2014
STANDING RIGGING: NITRONIC rod new 2014
WINCHES: Captive Reel Winches.Simpson-Lawrence (serviced April 2010) & new motors (2010). 4 x Harken ST980.2 winches on the bow (Serviced 2014).All pulleys replaced 2014
FORESAIL: 260m/sq New 2010
SPINNAKER: Original ELVSTROM (Lightly used)
DOYLE 2009-2010 - All sails made from new DOYLE Stratis technology, stronger and lighter than VECTRA. Suit of sails cost circa €130,000.
Service & navigation computer, MAC Mini with UPS
Furuno Radar, GPS & VHF system
RGC 50 Gyro compass
Denon ipad controlled sound system throughout
Internet & wifi system throughout
B&G speed, depth, wind instruments with repeaters in captains cabin & chart table
Simrad AC70 Autopilot
Samsung 55" Smart TV in lounge
TV in crew area
Under floor freezer compartment (serviced 2010)
Microwave (May 2010)
Upright fridge and freezer
Fresh water maker (still & carbonated)
Full complement of life jackets
2 x 16 man life rafts (serviced and repainted
EPIRB (serviced 2015)
CCTV security monitoring system (camera 2014) new Oct 2009). Camera installed in engine room
Tender: NOVURANIA 4.3m 430 DL with 40hp Yamaha Outboard (New August 2010)
2 Inflatable Kayaks (2009)
2 sets of water skis
10 wetsuits & 1 Dry suit
BROWNIE compressor (new 2009 – serviced 2015) with 2 bottles
2 Fishing rods with PENN reels
10 sets of snorkelling gear
- Cayman Islands Commercial 5 Year Survey Complete
- Brand new Genoa
- All sails professionally cleaned and maintained
- Complete dismantel and rebuild of generators
- Overhaul of anchor windlass
- Brand new Vang
- Furler dismantled and upgraded
- New water maker
- Tender refit
- Shaft removal & new seals
- Hull sounded
- New Cathelco cathodic protection system fitted through entire yacht
- New harmonic suppressor system fitted to maximise usable power from electrical system - Atlas system upgraded
- New enhanced shaft seal
- Major overhaul of PLC system
- New tanks levels system
- Sails fully serviced
- AC system overhauled
- New instrument panel on helms
- Sound proofing paint applied to hull
- New Miele dryer
- New carpets throughout
- Engine & generators serviced
- Watermakers overhauled
- New anti-foul
Starting in November 2013, Caroline 1 underwent a hugely ambitious and comprehensive rebuild that completed in January 2015 and has resulted in one of the most modern interiors combined with a new exterior profile and total overhaul of all systems and engineering making her one of the most desirable yachts of her class in the world.
While previous refits were aimed at incremental improvements, this refit was planned to provide an additional 20 years usage of the yacht.
The rebuild included:
- Complete brand new standing rigging (BSI, Netherlands)
- Mast and boom pulled, ultra-sounded (excellent condition), repaired, painted and reinstalled (RigPro)
- Sails removed, serviced and cleaned (Doyle) & new Gennaker
- Complete brand new running rigging
- 2 x New Harken 980 winches and new motors
- Other winches stripped, serviced and rebuilt
- All harken blocks replaced
- Hull completely stripped and repainted (4 coats)
- 2 coats of anti-fouling (Feb 2015)
- Superstructure completely stripped and repainted
- New navigation lights on mast
- Teak decks repaired and completed sanded and treated
- Lateral facia panels previously in aluminium (weighing 500kg each) replaced by new carbon lightweight custom built units
- Major modificatons to bathing platform for easier boarding & brand new shower unit, new teak
- Installation of two "chaise-longue" chairs into stern superstructure which fold away to give an invisible look
- Newly designed & installed safety rails/stanchions
- Installation of two windows into hardtop and new sliding openable centre section
- Helm stations completely stripped and rebuilt to incorporate new navigation and safety systems
- Brand new exterior seating/cushions
- Brand new exterior screens to enclose cockpit
- Complete new safety & medical equipment throughout, life rafts serviced - New fenders and fender covers
- Whole interior including guest and crew areas completed redesigned & repainted in grey
- Extensive modifications to interior woodwork to create more modern angular look and incorporate new equipment
- Extensive use of leather inlays on riding tables, counter tops, accommodation passageway
- Saloon bar modified and new guest accessible coffee machine installed
- All cupboard door catches replaced throughout
- All door handles replaced throughout
- New carpets throughout
- New mattresses throughout
- New mirrors throughout
- Highly innovative lighting system installed throughout giving better light with near zero heat emission, dimmable
- New wall and table lamps
- New ceilings throughout, modern low profile incorporating new lighting system
- Bathrooms completely rebuilt with new shower units installed
- Complete new entertainment system with new Samsung Smart 55" LED TV in main salon
- Denon sound system throughout controllable in each cabin/salon by iphone/ipad
- New stainless steel facias on all windows, ceiling hatches etc
- Complete redecoration of crew area, new bathrooms
- Camera recording & security system throughout the boat
- Complete overhaul of galley
- New stainless steel backboards
- New high speed freezer
- New Oven
- New Miele washing machine and dryer - New vacuum system
- New water purifier and mineraliser
Electronics & Navigation
- New autopilot & steering controls
- New satellite communication system
- New VHF radios, fixed and handheld
- Brand new weather station
- Gyro compass service
- New mast aerials
- Complete new fire alarm/control system
- Complete new interior intruder protection system - New service & navigation computer
- Comprehensive engineering overhaul with main engine lifted and rebuilt - Generators rebuilt and fully serviced
- Watermakers rebuilt and serviced
- New fire control system
- New air conditioning system installed in Atlas control room - Atlas control room fully insulated and sound proofed
- Complete overhaul of hydraulic system
- Fresh water tanks cleaned and inspected
- Fuel tanks cleaned and inspected
- Hot water tanks x3 cleaned of calcium build up and heating elements changed with a newly plumbed continuous loop installed with circulation pump.
- All standing rigging replaced. Reckman furler's full service x2.
- All visible corrosion on mast and boom ground back to good aluminium and faired and repainted. Bottom up to 1st spreader has been resprayed.
- Main sails had full overhaul with improved reinforcement on all baton track points.
- Genoa, full work over carried out and new UV strip added.
- Staysail, full overhaul and new UV strip added.
- Sailing and navigation instruments refitted. Old systems have been replaced with new Raymarine i70 displays x9 throughout.
- New autopilot controller/command unit, mast head wind vane replaced along with wiring. - New depth/temp/speed transducer installed.
- Engine starter motor full service overhaul x2 carried out.
- Teak-decks fully re-caulked and sanded.
- Water tanks have been treated and cleaned.
REFIT DETAIL 2011
Refit completed in the Rybovich Shipyard in Palm Beach Hydraulic work completed at Sterling Marine in Palm Beach
- Anchor Ram checked and serviced. All hydraulic rubber hoses and stainless fittings were changed for new
- Captive winches serviced. All hydraulic fittings checked and replaced where necessary
- Installed two new windlasses with new motors, new hydraulic fittings and hoses
- Installed two new HARKEN winches on deck with new motors, hydraulic fittings and hoses
- Checked and serviced all remaining winches. New motors, hydraulic fittings and hoses installed
- Checked and serviced Genoa-Staysail-Mainsail furling system. New fittings and hoses installed
- Checked and serviced Vang. New fittings and hoses installed
- Mast taken out in December 2008 and was tuned again in April 2010
- Restyled and reinforced stanchions and pulpits
- New DOYLE sails in 2010 (Barely used since 2010-11 refit no Atlantic crossing made since then
- Replaced all the sails sheet and halyards for new
- Checked and serviced all deck hardware
- Changed all the buttons, levers and gauges on cockpit consoles
- Checked and serviced KOBELT system (throttles)
- New cushions
- Checked and serviced steering system. New fittings and hoses
- Stripped and revarnished cap rail
- New outside speakers – 4 in cockpit and 2 near tender
- New NORUVANIA tender + new YAMAHA 60 HP outboard engine (August 2010)
- Installed new NAUTICOMP glass bridges sunlight with 12” screen - NOBELTEC ADMIRAL MAX PRO chart plotter with worldwide charts - FURUNO Radar Far 2127BB plus new antenna
- Fish Finder FURUNO FCV 1200 BB
- GPS FURUNO GP 150
- VHF FURUNO FM 8800
- VHF ICOMM M504A
- VHF ICOMM M422
- ERICSSON Quad-Band GSM Data cellular phone - SIMRAD Gyro Compass RGC 50
- SIMRAD AR 80 Analog Repeater for Gyro
- Removed all the windows and re-caulked
- Replaced TVs in master cabin and lower salon
- New carpets, fabrics and new upholstery in lower salon, guest bedrooms and crew mess
- New towels and linens (PORTHAULT), comforters, blankets for crew and guests – guest sheets and towels have the “Aime Sea” logo
- Renovation of the CRESTON music system
- New MIELE ovens – one is a steam oven
- New icemaker
- New lights in the master cabin, the upper and lower salons and all the guest bathrooms
- New mattresses for the crew area
E/R-MECHANICAL, PUMP AND MOTORS:
The following have been installed:
- 3 new chiller units (Cruise-air) for air conditioning system
- 2 new water pumps for water system
- 2 new air compressors
- 2 new high pressure pumps and one low pressure for watermakers which were also checked and serviced. New membranes.
- New batteries for m/e, generators, radio equipment system
- New sensors for fuel and water tanks + new touch screen monitor for reading
- New dive compressor in the lazarette
- 2 new steering pumps
- New deep sea seal and inflatable seal
- New fire and main bilge pump system
The following have been checked and serviced: - Hundested unit: Changed all the bearings sets - Pneumatic system
- M/e and generators
- Atlas System
- Keel box and rudder checked