HULL & DECK:
- Hull is hand laminated one-piece heavy-duty fiberglass hull. The deck is hand laminated with end grain balsa sandwich construction and then covered with teak. After completion, the hull has layers of polyurethane insulation from the waterline up. Hull-to-deck joint is fastened on 4” centers, sealed and covered with a teak cap rail.
- 2002 Custom Metallic Blue Awlgrip hull topsides.
- Teak over fiberglass deck.
- Colonial Ivory deck and house, with molded-in nonskid.
- 2002 Black whale stripe.
- 2002 Gold leaf cove stripe.
- 2002 White Boot stripe.
- 2011 bottom soda blasted with 9 coats of Interlux Interprotect epoxy.
- Varnished teak exterior trim, needs some refinishing.
- One piece cast iron ballast encapsulated with resin, and six layers of glass, mat and roving.
- Bronze thru-hull fittings and ball-valve seacocks.
- Teak and holly solid bow sprit.
- Interior has varnished teak, overhead laminated beams on formica paneled ceiling with varnished teak sheathing.
- All deck hardware is thru-bolted with stainless steel backing plates.
- Varnished teak cap rails with bronze trim on outside of cap rails.
- All stainless steel trim on the deckhouse and around portlights.
- Varnished teak eyebrows, hand rails and butterfly main hatch.
- Varnished teak dorade boxes with 4 stainless steel cowl ventilators; with S/S rails over.
- Propane locker has storage for two 20 lb tanks, with overboard drain.
- Bomar forward dual-opening translucent hatch.
- Bronze opening ports on each side of the cabin trunk with stainless steel exterior finish rings, larger non-opening ports aft.
- Stainless steel deck Hawse pipe.
- Six chocks with Samson post and cleats.
Fuel: 110 gallons in 1 steel tank under cabin sole.
Water: 156 gallons in 2 S/S tanks under bunks in salon.
Holding: Approximately 14 gallons in fiberglass tank with y-valve and macerator pump.
Hot Water Tank: 11 gallons located under pedestal steerer under cockpit sole.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1987 Yanmar 4JH-TE 50 hp diesel engine, FWC, with 4285 hours as seen on hour meter.
- 1 1/4" stainless steel shaft with Spurs and 3-blade propeller.
- Racor fuel filter/separator.
- Water cooled Aqualift type muffler.
- Dual engine controls and engine stop control.
- Tachometer, water temperature, and oil pressure gauge.
- Flexible motor mounts.
- Automatic 1500-gph electric bilge pumps.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 2008 Jabsco macerator pump for holding tank.
- 2001 Jabsco shower pump.
- 2002 Jabsco freshwater pump.
- Engine room is insulated with lead foam with foil jacket.
- Cruising speed: 6.5 knots @ 2600 RPM; Maximum speed: 8 knots @ 3600 RPM.
- 12V DC/110V AC electrical systems.
- 2018 2-12V AGM house batteries,with 4-way selector switch.
- 2014 1 starting battery.
- 30-amp shore power inlet.
- 50-amp shore electrical cable.
- 110V outlets.
- 2003 Shore power battery charger.
- Distribution panel with a secondary distribution panel with switch panel, circuit breakers and voltmeters.
- Chainplates, deck filling plates, seacocks, rudder fittings, tanks, engine, mast step and stuffing box and all thru-hull fittings are bonded to the ship’s ground; there is a lightning ground.
The Tashiba 40 offers a spacious and elegant interior. She has one of the largest interior volumes for her size and is highly regarded for her varnished teak joinery.
WIDE AWAKE sleeps 7 in three cabins. She is finished in satin-varnished teak throughout, gloss-varnished teak & light wood cabin sole with built-in dust trap, and white formica overhead with teak trim. All lockers have louvered doors and there are radius corners throughout. Cushions in main cabin are tan calf-hide covered in good condition (two need to be recovered).
- There is a Force 10 LPG cabin heater on starboard main bulkhead.
- There are 8 Frigast halogen cabin lights 2003, and 9 opening ports, 2 deck prisms, a forward opening Bomar overhead hatch and a large butterfly hatch over the main salon which offers plenty of natural light and ventilation.
- There are screens throughout.
- Night lights illuminate the main cabin perimeter along the cabin sole.
- 4 Main cabin ports have custom covers 2002.
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward):
- This cabin has a large vee berth with filler to form a large double berth, with a storage locker under. There is abundant storage below the berth cushions.
- Cushions are finished in camel-colored fabric.
- A seat with matching cushion is between the V-berths with storage beneath.
- Louvered door to storage forward of the berth.
- Port and starboard are shelves and louvered sliding door storage lockers outboard of the berths.
- Next aft to starboard is a large lighted, cedar-lined hanging locker with shelves.
- Light and ventilation are supplied by a deck prism over the berth, opening port with screen forward, overhead Bomar hatch that opens forward or aft, 2 Frigast lights port and starboard over the berths, and a dome light.
- The head is next aft to port and has white laminate bulkhead with varnished teak trim and sole.
- Gray marble countertop with a teak mirrored cabinet over.
- Stainless steel bowl sink with fixtures and hot & cold pressure water.
- Separate fiberglass molded stall shower with teak trim, opening port, teak grate and electric sump pump. There is a telephone-style shower head, seat, and varnished teak louvered storage lockers.
- 2010 new manual marine head and new head hoses, with Y-valve plumbed to a holding tank with macerator pump or for overboard discharge.
- A stainless steel vent over the shower provides extra natural ventilation.
- 2 opening ports with screens one in head and one in shower.
- Dual 12V outlets.
- Varnished vertical teak handrails with plenty of towel storage space.
- 110V cabin heater in head.
- This cabin offers comfortable seating for six and has a dinette to port, and pull-out settee to starboard.
- Large teak butterfly skylight overhead.
- 4 Frigast halogen lights mounted forward and aft.
- 4 Dome lights.
- Cushioned U-shaped dinette with a teak shelf outboard and forward. A teak hi-lo table with extra leaf drops down to form a double berth with two matching filler cushions. The cushions are finished in Camel-colored calf-hide material.
- There is storage accessed behind the cushions and bookshelves on port side and forward bulkhead.
- Brass chronometer and barometer.
- Forward is a cedar-lined hanging locker opposite the head.
- Next, on the forward bulkhead is a Force 10 stainless steel cabin heater.
- Transom berth/settee that has matching Camel calf-leather cushions bottom and back.
- There is storage accessed behind the cushions.
- Outboard are louvered door lockers and bookshelf/pocket lockers.
- Forward is a teak cabinet with a drawer and a shelf top (acts as an end table for the settee berth). Outboard the cabinet is a louvered door locker with pocket lockers above.
Navigation Station (starboard):
- The nav area is aft of the starboard settee with an opening chart table that offers divided chart and nav equipment storage.
- Outboard are the Nova electrical panels.
- A large fixed port and deck prism adds extra light to this area.
- Red fluorescent chart table light.
Guest Stateroom, Aft starboard:
- This private stateroom is to starboard of the centerline companionway and sleeps two. There is a solid panel teak door that separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations.
- Locker and shelf storage over outboard the berth.
- Storage drawers under the berth.
- Medicine cabinet with mirror on forward bulkhead.
- Access to the engine area.
- Forward louvered door locker with a storage drawer over and a shelf top.
- Lighted cedar-lined hanging locker.
- A screened opening port over the berth adds extra light and ventilation.
- 2 Frigast 12V lights.
- Dome light.
Galley, Aft to Port:
- The galley is separated from the dinette by a teak half bulkhead with built in hand hold. Custom port and starboard portlights afford bright and airy views from the galley.
- 2004 Force 10 stainless steel gimballed 4-burner propane stove with oven and broiler.
- Engine driven Sea Frost insulated refrigerator and separate freezer with teak front-opening door, dual countertop access.
- 2007 110V Seafrost compressor to operate refrigerator-freezer on shore power.
- Deep double stainless steel sink with (custom stowed) covers, hot and cold pressure water, and fresh water and saltwater foot pumps.
- 2001 Custom knife holder.
- Stainless steel fold-out garbage receptacle.
- Screened opening port to the cockpit.
- Deck prism.
- Dome light.
- (3) Recessed halogen lights.
- Varnished teak binocular box handy to the cockpit.
- Teak grate in cabin sole at base of steps.
- Access to the engine area.
- A louvered door wet locker for foul weather gear is just aft and under the nav station.
- Awning top with 2002 port and starboard side windows.
- Spacious cockpit has cockpit seat lockers, ideal for storage. There is a teak cockpit grate and four 4 cockpit drains.
- Aft of the cockpit is a Boomkin with teak grate seat.
- Edson pedestal steering with brake.
- Teak steering wheel with stainless steel spokes.
- Stainless steel binnacle guard.
- 2003 5” Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Custom cloth winch pocket.
- Forward of companionway are displays for wind speed, wind direction, boat speed, depth sounder, and radar/chartplotter.
- 1989 Autohelm 6000 autopilot.
- 2002 Raymarine SL-70 CRC color Radar/Chartplotter in cockpit with Raytheon 2 kw Pathfinder dome, mounted on backstay.
- Datamarine A-181 Link at nav station for Windspeed/Wind Direction, Boat Speed & Depth.
- ICOM M-55 VHF radio.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 1998 Hallett main, full battens, for offshore cruising.
- 1998 Hallett genoa, Radial cut.
- Tan colored mainsail cover.
- 1987 Yankee sail.
- 1987 Staysail – never used.
- Aluminum spars with internal halyards and stainless steel standing rigging. Running rigging includes halyards, topping lift, outhauls and reefers.
- Schaeffer blocks, Lewmar turning blocks.
- Traveler - Roller bearing on aluminum track and stainless steel base.
- Aluminum genoa and staysail tracks with cars.
- Whisker pole.
- Harken roller furler for genoa (vessel sails well with just genoa up).
- Inner removable stay (not used).
- All Lewmar chrome plated bronze winches:
- 2 #48 ST 2-speed primary winches.
- 2 #30 ST 2-speed secondary winches.
- 2 #40 ST 2-speed mainsheet.
- 1 #30 2-speed genoa halyard.
- 1 #16 2-speed main halyard.
- 1 #7 single-speed staysail halyard
- 1 Mast mounted mainsail reefing winch
- Double anchor roller on bowsprit.
- Maxwell Nilsson V-1000 windlass with 3/8” BBB chain gypsy.
- 45# CQR anchor.
- 2002 180’ x 3/8” BBB windlass chain.
- Second 45# CQR anchor with 30’ x 3/8” BBB chain and 200’ nylon rode.
- Stainless steel bow pulpit on teak grade bow sprit.
- Push-pit stainless steel stern pulpit with custom teak seat.
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines.
- Teak boarding ladder to starboard.
- Saltwater deck washdown system.
- Teak boom gallows with stainless steel handrails.
- Dock lines.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Emergency tiller steering – laminated teak.
- 1 Horseshoe life ring with stainless steel brackets.
- Screens for all opening ports and hatches.
- Storage covers for steering wheel and forward hatch cover.
- Bow, anchor and deck light.
- International Rule navigational lights, upper and lower.
- Insulating mats under all sleeping bunks to stop condensation on mattress bottoms.
- Rule 1500 electric bilge pump.
- Radar reflector.
- Xintex solenoid switch.
- LPG solenoid control.
- Macerator pump for holding tank.
- 4 burner Force 10 stove with oven and broiler – 2 aluminum tanks.
- (8) Frigast cabin lights.
- Compass re-conditioned.
- True Charge 20 amp battery charger.
- Topsides Awlgripped (very attractive) Custom Metallic Blue with Black Whale Stripe.
- Bilge framework painted.
- Freshwater pump.
- 180’ x 3/8” BBB windlass chain.
- 4 Lexan main cabin portlights.
- Main cabin port light covers.
- Cockpit Bimini/Awning.
- Cockpit side curtains with zippers.
- Raymarine SL70 CRC radar/chartplotter.
- S/S Dodger frame; old Dodger good only for use as pattern for new Dodger.
- Shower sump.
- Spur cutters.
- Hallett mainsail (repaired by Hallett recently) - full batten - Offshore cruising.
- Hallett Genoa - Radial cut.
- Jabsco macerator pump for holding tank.
COMMENTS: WIDEAWAKE was purchased by her present owner in 2006 and has been well maintained since then. They lived aboard until 2011-2012 when their location and jobs changed. Since then she has been stored in a heated shed and not used due to their strenuous work schedules. WIDEAWAKE offers an excellent opportunity for one looking for a high quality, offshore vessel or comfortable liveaboard at a very modest asking price. She sold for $167,500 in 2006. Please call us for further details or an appointment to see this vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.