1983 Vagabond 42
- View Full Specifications
FRESH WATER BOAT
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Superior, WI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 115,000 (A$ 153,088)
This rare high-quality Vagabond 42 is located on magnificent Lake Superior. Pier Illusion is an exquisitely appointed, meticulously maintained, classic cruising vessel. The teak woodwork both above and below decks is in fantastic condition. There are three separate cabins, two heads, reverse cycle heating and air conditioning, full galley, navigation station, and ample storage! The vessel has been set up for shorthanded sailing with all lines lead aft to the cockpit for ease of sailing. There is roller furling in both of the headsails and in-mast furling for the mainsail.
The vessel has undergone annual maintenance and a few upgrades have also been thrown into the mix. They are as follows:
- Cetol finish applied to the decks every 3 years.
- Rear small holding tank removed and replaced with a 30-gallon tank.
- The epoxy barrier coat was on the boat when he purchased her.
- Trinidad Antifouling paint applied every 3 years. Done in 2016 and retouched spring of 2017
- R&R to all cabin fans with 3-speed oscillating fans 2017
- 75% of interior light fixtures R&R with led fixtures. The rest are in the boat waiting to be changed out.
- Batteries replaced as follows Starting 2016 Windlass 2015 House 2017 (3) 12D
- The rig is inspected for any imperfections each fall when he goes aloft to remove the wind instrument for storage.
- The rig gets tuned each spring
- The sails are removed each fall. Inspected and stored appropriately each winter.
- Chain plates were Rebedded 4 years ago.
- Seacocks are greased and serviced each fall.
- Strainers are taken apart and cleaned each fall.
- Air conditioning / Heat works great. It along with the refrigerator and freezer are professionally serviced by a well-known well know local AC company each spring.
- Refrigerator got a new chiller plate 3 years ago.
- Winches are greased and serviced every 2 years.
- There is good water pressure on the boat.
- The tanks never get antifreeze added to them for winterizing. The water system is evacuated with compressed air for winter layup.
- The water tanks are aluminum and are in good condition and show no signs of any problems.
- The hand pump in the galley sink has a crazy fine water filter on it. The water out of this faucet is "delicious".
- Interior woodwork is oiled every spring.
- Mattresses were replaced 10 years ago but have only been slept on occasionally since then.
- The oil in the Yanmar is changed once in the fall and again in the spring after about 10 hours of run time.
- Fuel filters are replaced 2x per year.
- New Running rigging for the gennaker including snap shackles.
- Gennaker in a sock is 6 years old and has been out of the bag 3 times.
- The roller furling main cranks in at the mast but could be rigged to operate from the cockpit.
Showings on this Fantastic Yacht by appointment only, please.
Please contact John Hoenig at 715-392-7131
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Blue Water Yacht Builders Ltd.
Designer: George Stadel III
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 41 ft 8 in
Beam: 12 ft 10 in
LWL: 34 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 32000 lbs
Ballast: 9200 lbs
Total Power: 77 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 4JH-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1800
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 77 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 2
The joiner work throughout the boat is finely crafted teak that is in beautiful condition. Starting from aft is a commodious master stateroom, with king size bed, built-in sofa and dresser, and hanging locker and ample storage space. To port is a full-size head with a shower that opens going forward to the galley. The galley is very functional with a Hillerange 3 burner propane stove with oven, double stainless sinks, and Grunert 12V refrigerator and lots of storage. Forward of that is the main saloon, with circular settee and oval table to port and a straight settee to starboard, all of which was reupholstered in 1996. Behind the settee is the sit-down navigation station. Forward of the saloon is an enclosed guest head with shower, and guest cabin with a pull-out double berth on top and single berth below. Aft of the nav station is a walk-through cabin with pull-out double berth and ample storage areas.
Deck and Equipment
Full Cockpit Inclosure
Anchor Windlass Lofrans Tigres
65lb CQR with 150' 3/8 Chain w/ Danforth Anchor as spare
- Two Lewmar #50 two speed, self-tailing primaries
- One Barlow #23 two speed staysail sheet
- One Barlow # 20 single speed staysail sheet
- Two Barlow #25 two speed, self-tailing main sheet, main outhaul, inhaul main mast.
- One Barlow #23 two speed main halyard
- Two Barlow #20 single speed jib and staysail halyard
- One Anderson line Tender for main sail furling
- One Barlow # 20 single speed mizzen sheet
Force 10 BBQ Grill
Main Mast Safety Bars
Life Sling Man Overboard Rescue System
Outboard Motor Bracket on Stern rail
Side Boarding Ladder
Fresh Water Deck Wash Down
20lb Danforth Lunch Hook that is mounted on the Starboard Rear quarter
Sails and Rigging
Main, Mizzen, Jib, and Staysail all in excellent condition
- Furlex in mast furling system on Mainsail
- Profurl Roller Furling system on Jib
- Profurl Roller Furling system on Staysail
Canvas covers for Main Boom, Mizzen Boom, Outboard Motor and Dingy
- Standard Horizon VHF (1 at helm and 1 in cabin)
- Raytheon 24 Mile Radar
- Robertson AP200DL Auto Pilot with Remote
- Data Marine Depth Finder
- Apparent Wind Speed and Direction instrument
- Single Side Band transceiver SEA222
- ACR class "A" E.P.I.R.B.
- Mast mounted Radar Reflector
- Mast mounted foredeck light
- Masthead tricolor navigation light
- 12v cabin fans (7)
- Kenwood KCR-502 AM/FM radio with cassette tape player
- Kenwood KDC-C504 10 CD changer
- Sony flat panel TV
- High water alarm in Bilge
- T4000 Heart Freedom 20 Inverter/charger with Link 2000 panel
- 1989 Yanmar four cylinder Fresh Water Cooled Diesel engine
- (2) Automatic Bilge Pumps
- (1) Automatic Shower sump pump
- Air Conditioning / Reverse Cycle Heat by Marine Air
- Hot Water (110v with Heat Exchanger off engine)
- Double SS Sink
- Pressurized Filtered Fresh Water
- Propane 3 Burner Stove and Oven by Hille
- 12v Refrigerator / Freezer (compressor R&R 2010)
- Plentiful storage
- Caribe Dinghy
- 6 H.P. Johnson outboard
- Winter Cover
- Jack Stands
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.