1983 Ocean Alexander 40
• Trawler-style cruiser known for its classic lines, solid construction, lavish teak interior and superb joiner work, the heavy glass layup of its hull, its long keel and hard chines for good protection of its running gear and stable smooth ride (including on one engine), its ease of handling with relatively low power, good fuel economy, and excellent accommodations and livability.
• A 'Great Loop’ veteran, but most of its lifespan spent in freshwater
• Heated, indoor winter storage for at least the last 10 years
• Recently restored and upgraded. Windshield and all operating windows replaced and rebuilt with new, matching-tint glass, weather stripping in stainless channel, and original-profile teak frames. Fully-intact teak decking. All exterior brightwork (e.g., handrails, cap rails, toe molding, companionway door, windlass platform, bowsprit, etc.) refinished, beginning with base of (Smith’s) penetrating epoxy. All exterior stainless steel fasteners replaced with US-grade 316. 90% of all rubber (hoses) and clamping replaced.
• New battery charger, inverter, power inlets, capstan footswitch, head sump and bilge pumps, float switches, transom shower, spotlight, work lights, mast stays and turnbuckles, and covers for the flybridge seating, bimini, and companionway.
• Engine intake strainers and Racor fuel filters rebuilt
• Entire sanitation system replaced (with Shields Poly X) and all other plumbing fixtures either overhauled or replaced
• Newer AGM batteries and aluminum zincs
• Prop and rudder shaft seals newly repacked
• Newly MRI tuned and balanced props
• Fresh bottom paint
• SpeedSeal Life fast-change impeller covers and PTFE bearing discs
• Engines plumbed for block heaters (included)
• Newage PRM 401 transmissions with ‘Get-Home’ devices and engineered for carefree free-wheeling with one engine shut down
• Extras. Spares. Turn-key ready to go.
Remarks from the current owners, directed especially to first-time trawler customers:
"Living aboard the ‘Andora Bay’ provided some of the most awesome and comfortably pleasurable experiences of our lives—more akin to the charm of living on water’s edge in one of the most cozy, warm, and brightest cottages imaginable.
"A trawler is very different than a sailboat or express cruiser. No crawling over fellow passengers in order to back into a toilet compartment. No having to make a meal while heeled over in the cold, dark damp below the waterline. You’ll not endure a single moment of claustrophobia thanks to the nearly 360-degree view from the salon’s large and plentiful windows. And you won’t even have to duck your head, anywhere, given the standing headroom in every square inch of our vessel's living spaces, including the shower cabinets.
Shipyard Marine - Green Bay
780 Longtail Beach Road
Green Bay - Green Bay,WI 54173
Shipyard Marine - Oshkosh
3235 Fernau Ct.
For more information & photos check out: www.shipyardmarine.com